We are thrilled to be back up and running our events under the new ‘normal’ that we have all been getting used to.
Our children’s parties are still hugely popular and lots of fun and we have worked hard to incorporate new guidelines to keep everybody safe.
We have eased back into running our events with the newly launched Doorstep Detectives – a mini version of our regular sessions for small groups. Halls are also starting to reopen and provide ample space for our usual size parties of 15 guests.
So that our Doorstep Detective parties comply with Covid-19 guidelines we are including the following:
- Parties will be limited to small numbers
- Parties to be held outside where possible or inside if there is enough space for social distancing
- Hand sanitiser will be used by all guests and the host before the party starts
- The Detective Project host will keep 1+ metre away from guests
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitised in between events
- All evidence will be put in new evidence bags so that it can be handled by guests
- We will talk through the importance of using PPE at a crime scene
“The kids had a WONDERFUL time, thank you so much!” from Erin, party for five children in the guest’s garden.
If you would like to talk through any party requirements with us then please get in touch with Jenny Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Safety at Home
The National Crime Agency and Child Exploitation and Online Protection command (NCA-CEOP) has set up an education programme called Thinkuknow, to help minors and their parents/carers to keep safe online.
They have now come to the end of their #OnlineSafetyAtHome campaign. For their final week they have four activity sheets for families to explore ‘digital family’ life with conversation starters and fun 15-minute activities that help keep children and young people safe while:
- Live streaming
- Sharing images
- Using social media
Please follow this link for more information: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/?utm_source=Thinkuknow&utm_campaign=5b5261dab9-TUK_ONLINE_SAFETY_AT_HOME_25_08_20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0b54505554-5b5261dab9-55260645